Sunday, March 3, 2013

Things you don't want to hear in the hospital...

This post doesn't really have a lesson or great insight, but I thought I'd share my recent experience that I can now look back on and laugh!

This past Friday I went in for my 3 month ct scan and x-rays.  It's become pretty routine and usually uneventful, but this time I heard a couple of things you never want to hear in a hospital.  The first was when I was laying on the ct machine just about to get a needle stuck in me (for the contrast) when the technician said "That's not good. Look at this needle!" (to another technician)  I wasn't sure if I should pull my arm away or if that would get myself stabbed.  My instincts screamed to pull it away but my logic said to prevent being a possible pincushion.  Turns out there was something wrong with the sterilization protection (I think) and they go a new needle and all was fine - except I'm sure my blood pressure was a bit elevated.

The second came in the x-ray room when the technician said "That's the first time that's ever happened!"  I'm guessing he must have been new, but apparently he hasn't had anyone as vertically enhanced as myself.  I ended up having to sit on a stool for chest x-rays.  By the time the pictures were taken, they had a group of 4 gathered to guess my height.  I think it was because I wear my Adidas sweatsuit when I get done so I don't have to wear the hospital gown and all that goes with it and apparently the striped on the suit make me appear exceptionally tall.  I've noticed whenever I wear it, I get more than the usual comments regarding my height.    


No comments:

Post a Comment