Thursday, May 17, 2012

MFC - Day 17

Day 17 - My focus this week is attitude.  It happened to be one of my weaker categories when I did the self-assessment for the Mental Fitness Challenge.  I was self-deceived into thinking I had a pretty good attitude, but turns out I'm pretty critical.  I use sarcasm quite a bit which is not a very good quality when it counts.

Here's how it went today...  With less than a week before the park's big opening day (I probably haven't mentioned it but I'm the Maintenance Manager of an amusement park) things continue to be stressful.  It seems like we have months of work to be ready with less than a week to get it all done.  This isn't my first opening and every year pretty much feels the same level of stress so I should be used to it.  There were many times today that I stopped the sarcastic words from coming out of my mouth as I remembered the Challenge.  I turned to compliments instead finding the good that had been accomplished.  There is still a long way to go, but I think I had another successful day!  Looking forward to another 14 hours day tomorrow.  Wait, was that sarcasm?  I'm looking forward to another productive day tomorrow as we get closer to all the smiles and adventures I'll get to witness as people come from all over to enjoy the hard work we did get the park ready for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment