Friday, May 4, 2012

MFC - Day 4

Day 4 - I did quite a bit of reading yesterday.  Orrin Woodward's book "Resolved" is a book that once you start, it's tough to stop.  It's tough not to highlight the entire book, but a few key points I'll share:

  • Excellence doesn't occur by accident, but rather from intentional effort correctly applied over time
  • Written resolutions should encompass the whole person; literally a plan is devised to develop his character and thinking from who he currently is to whom he desires to be.
  • For those who believe in their life's mission then, the resolutions are the how, the purpose is the why, and the vision is the what.
  • "They say there are two important days in your life:  the day you were born, and the day you find out why you were born."
  • One must learn to say "no" to the "good" so that he has time to say "yes" to the "great".
  • "If I cheat when the lights are out, I will be found out under the big lights." - Joe Frazier

I'm starting to get my goals in order as well - still have some fine tuning to do, but I'm on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment