Sunday, May 20, 2012

MFC - Day 21

Day 21 - What an awesome day!  I went for a bike ride - something I haven't done in a very long time, went to the beach to do some reading, and had a family cookout.

The bike ride was great.  I only went for about a half hour, but I'm borrowing a bike and it needs a few things fixed so I didn't want to go too far.  That, and I didn't want to go so far that I couldn't make it back - I'm a bit out of practice.

I always love the beach.  It's great to enjoy God's majesty while reading a great book.  The beach where I go brought a bunch of kite surfers out because of the breezy conditions, which is always fun to watch.  Here's a not-so-great picture of one of them getting some air-time!


It's pretty crazy that there were only about 8 people on the beach where I was.  It covers about a half mile stretch and the water is about 250 yards from where you park. There's another half mile of beach adjacent to it that was packed - with only a 30 yard walk from parking.  I'm not sure if people are lazy or if I'm missing something, but I enjoy the space.  I read for about an hour and got a bit sun-burnt which is typical for the first trip to the beach of the year.  It's kind of like the Mental Fitness Challenge.  When you first get into it you may be a bit overwhelmed, but after sticking with the program, it becomes something you love.  That may not be the best analogy, but hopefully you get the idea (all one reader)!

No comments:

Post a Comment